IMHA Benefits You!
- Experienced staff to respond to your inquiries.
- Legislative monitoring, analysis, interpretation and direction. Influence at the State level has provided – or prohibited – laws and regulations that directly impact your business.
- Association participation at the national level in trade, professional and governmental organizations.
- Liaison with regulatory agencies that affect your business: Dept. of Transportation; Dept. of Revenue; Industrial Commissioner; Job Service of Iowa; Dept. of Natural Resources; Dept. of Health; Attorney General; State Building Code Commission; IA. Finance Authority; Dept. of Housing and Urban Development; and City and County Regulatory Agencies.
- Special studies and reports about various facets of the industry.
- PAC Fund to help elect and retain “friends” of our industry.
- Knowledgeable, experienced Board of Directors and Committees.
- Newsletter published monthly to keep members up-to-date on news about the industry and its people.
- Annual Meeting – a chance to visit with industry members and attend seminars.
- Association sponsored special meetings.
- Seminars/workshops to provide education, interpretation and information.
- Property / Casualty Liability Insurance is available at group rates through Arthur J. Gallagher & CO. Insurance Resources.
- The Laws & Regulations manual was first published by IMHA in 1987. Since that time, the manual has been updated almost every year. The manual is only sold to members. After the manual is purchased, members gain the right to access the manual online. Updates are provided free of charge, except for those who want the updated pages printed and mailed to them.
The price of the manual is $250. The link below will take you to the table of contents for the manual which contains more than just the laws and regulations affecting the manufactured housing industry. It also has forms, a sample lease, a sample set of community guidelines, court decisions, advisory letters from attorneys, and much more.